Tuesday, March 15, 2011

WOOF- I heart doggies!

If you've taken one look at my photograph featured on this blog, you'll know that I'm a dog lover. The cute pooch next to me is our beautiful cocker spaniel named Frenchy. My husband and I found Frenchy on Petfinder.com through an amazing dog rescue organization in my area called Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue Inc. They are dedicated to rescuing and re-homing cocker spaniels and other breeds, and let's face it- there are a ton of homeless dogs in kill shelters around the country who need groups like this one to save them.

Here's a great pic of our baby taken during our engagement shoot a couple of years ago:


Photo taken by: Ryan Brenizer Photography

Isn't she adorable? So, why am I telling you all of this? Well, in addition to my writing work-- I also have experience in social media. I've been racking my brain for a while now to figure out how I can make a difference, particularly with this dog rescue group that has given my husband and I so much joy.

And then it hit me! Social media! Why I hadn't though of this before, I'll never know. In any case, I am now managing Abandoned Angels' Twitter page and following! I'm proud to say that within one week, we gained almost 300 followers and boy, are they loyal retweeters! :-) If you love dogs as much as I do, please follow us here: @NYCockerRescue.

And without further ado...

Today, March 15th is Adopt the Internet Day on Petfinder! Go ahead, click on the ad... it won't bite.


More than 320,000 pets are waiting for homes on Petfinder.com. Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet today and find forever homes for as many as possible! Go to Petfinder and rescue, rescue, rescue! Then, spread the word via Twitter, Facebook or on your blog all about Adopt the Internet Day. That's today, people!

If you live in the tri-state area and are looking to adopt or foster a beautiful cocker spaniel, please visit Abandoned Angel Cocker Spaniel Rescue on Facebook and give them a "like" to see all of their pooches searching for loving forever homes. Even better, check out their selection of available dogs on their Petfinder page! If you see one you like, email rescue@nyabandonedangels.com to request an application. (Yes, they do adopt out of state occasionally).

Now, get out there and get your wag on! WOOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment